Saturday, September 12, 2020

Sarah Churchill's letter to Mary Fane, dated August 25, 1737

Source:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SarahMarlborough1737.jpg


(photo courtesy of Rodoplh at Wikimedia Commons)

The letter:

Wimbleton Aug: 25th 1737
I am ashamed to have been so long with out thanking you, my Dear lady Hane, for your very kind leter from florance dated the 10th of Sep: 1736, but besides the intolarable load of business that I have upon me, upon account of my family who are with out experience & love nothing but pleasure, I am never well, nor can I ever hope to have the use of my limbs more, but at this time I can make a shift to write with a very weak hand. I am extream sorry you can give me no better an account then you do of your helth, & that your pains are so bad, & that you are not mended as to your speech, but I am sure nobody can express them selves better than you have in your leter, you mention coming to England, but you don't name the time, but I hope I shall live to see you again & I will live & dye Dear lady Hanes most faithfull friend & oblidged humble servant S. Marlborough

No comments:

Post a Comment