Thursday, July 1, 2021

Anne of Denmark's letter to King James VI, undated

Source:

Letters to King James the Sixth from the Queen, Prince Henry, Prince Charles, the Princess Elizabeth and her husband, Frederick, king of Bohemia, and from their son, Prince Frederick Henry, T. Constable, Edinburgh, 1835



Above: Anne of Denmark, Queen of Scotland, artist unknown.


Above: King James I and VI, painted by a member of the studio of John de Critz.


The letter:

My heart.
I Craue pardon that I haue no sooner answered your .M. letter, you shall not feare the paine in my fingers, you shall finde them will enough for you when you Come home I think it long to see my Gerfaulkon flie Which I hope to see, when I shall have the honore to kisse your /M/ handes
yours,
Anna R.

No comments:

Post a Comment