Thursday, July 1, 2021

Queen Mary of France's letter to her brother King Henry VIII of England, dated March 6, 1515

Source:

Original letters illustrative of English history, series 1, volume 1, page 121, edited by Henry Ellis, 1825



Above: Mary Tudor, queen consort of France, painted by Jan Gossaert.


Above: King Henry VIII, painted by Meynnart Wewyck.

The letter:

My most kynde and lovyng brother, I humbly recomand me vnto yowr Grace, thankyng yow interly of yowr comfortable Letters; besechyng yowr grace most humbly now so to contenwe toward me and my frendes, as owr spessyale trowst ys yn yowr Grace; and that yt may layke you wt all convennynte to sende for me that I may shortely se yowr grace wyche ys the thyng that I most dissyr yn thys world and I and all myn ys at yowr graces commandmente and playsayr. At Parys the vj. day of Marche.
by yowr lowyng
suster
MARY.

To the Kings Grace thes be delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment