Sunday, October 11, 2020

Anne of Denmark's letter to King James VI, undated

Source:

Letters to King James the Sixth from the Queen, Prince Henry, Prince Charles, the Princess Elizabeth and her husband, Frederick, king of Bohemia, and from their son, Prince Frederick Henry, T. Constable, Edinburgh, 1835



Above: Anne of Denmark, painted after Paul van Somer.


Above: King James I and VI, painted by Paul van Somer.


The letter:

My heart,
I desyre your | matie to pardon, that I haue not answered your Ma:tie sooner vpon your letters, because I would knowe the truth of the park of Ottelands, as I understand there is nicre fortie grossi bastiami, of diuers kindes that devours my deere, as I wyll tell yore Matie at meeting + Where as your | Ma wolde have me to meete you, att Witthall I am Content but I feare som inConveniens in my leggs wh which I haue not felt hier. So kissen your Matie hands I rest
yours ~
Anna. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment