Monday, August 17, 2020

Anne of Denmark's letter to King James VI, undated

Source:

Letters to King James the Sixth from the Queen, Prince Henry, Prince Charles, the Princess Elizabeth and her husband, Frederick, king of Bohemia, and from their son, Prince Frederick Henry, T. Constable, Edinburgh, 1835

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015067921414&view=1up&seq=121


Above: Anne of Denmark, painted by John de Critz the Elder.


Above: King James VI and I, artist unknown.


The letter:

Sir.
What I haue said to S. Roger, is trew I could not but think it strange that any about your mat durst presume to bring neer where your, matie is, on that had offered me such a publicke scorne, for honore gois befor lyfe I must euer [illegible] do t king so
humble kissing your matie hands I rest euer
yours
Anna R.

I refarre the rest
to S. Roger.

No comments:

Post a Comment