Thursday, August 5, 2021

Anne of Denmark's letter to King James VI, undated

Source:

Letters to King James the Sixth from the Queen, Prince Henry, Prince Charles, the Princess Elizabeth and her husband, Frederick, king of Bohemia, and from their son, Prince Frederick Henry, T. Constable, Edinburgh, 1835



Above: Anne of Denmark, painted by John de Critz the Elder.


Above: King James VI and I, painted by John de Critz the Elder.


The letter:

My harte
I give you many thanks for the diuers remembrances I haue had from you since our parting, whensoeuer your sport and other occasions will suffer you come hither you shalbe very welcome. I am glayd of soe good appearance of my roes ofspring Sir Thomas Somersett hath earnestly desyred me to recõmend a petition he is to prefer to you, which if your Ma:tie find it reasonable yee will pleas graunte it or at least refer it to the counsell. Soe desyreing to be excused for thus troubling of you in tyme of your sport, I still contenew
yours
Anna R.

Note: suffer = to allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment