Thursday, August 5, 2021

Princess Elizabeth Stuart's letter to her father King James VI, dated September 20, year unknown

Source:

Letters to King James the Sixth from the Queen, Prince Henry, Prince Charles, the Princess Elizabeth and her husband, Frederick, king of Bohemia, and from their son, Prince Frederick Henry, T. Constable, Edinburgh, 1835



Above: Elizabeth Stuart, princess of England, queen consort of Bohemia and electress of the Palatinate, painted by an artist of the workshop of Michiel Jansz. van Mierevelt.


Above: King James I and VI, painted by Paul van Somer.


The letter:

Sr
Being desirous by all the meanes I can to keepe my selfe still in your M. remembrance, I would not lett pass so good an occation as this bearer returning for England to present my most humble dutie and seruice to your. M. by these, beseeching your M. to continue me still in your gratious fauour, it being the greatest comfort I haue to think that your. M. doth vouchsaf to loue and fauour me which I shall euer striue to deserue, in obeying with all humbleness whatsoeuer your M. is pleased to command her, who shall euer pray to God with all her harte for your M happiness and that she may be euer worth the title
Sr
of your M.
Most humble & obedient daughter and seruant
Elizabeth

Heidleberg this 20 of October
Au Roy.

No comments:

Post a Comment