Thursday, August 5, 2021

Margaret Darrell's letter to Thomas Cromwell, dated November 1539

Source:

Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume 14, Part 2: August-December 1539, published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1895


The letter:

When the King was last at Langley, I put a bill to his Grace which he desired me to deliver to you, requesting the farm of the Lordes Meade in Chilton Folyat, Wilts., and the coneys within the lordship, which were granted to my late husband Edmund Darrell by the Queen's Grace last deceased. At Woodstock, Sir John a Briggis and my servant, the bearer, came to your Lordship to know further of the King's pleasure, and you said I should have a lease thereof if I would send to you this term. This makes me so bold to remind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment