Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Anne Bassett's letter to Lady Honor Grenville, Viscountess Lisle, dated October 5, 1539

Source:

Letters and Papers, Foreign and Domestic, Henry VIII, Volume 14, Part 2: August-December 1539, published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1895


The letter:

Is now with her cousin Dene, by the King's commandment; for whereas Mrs. Meotes lies in London there are no walks but a little garden, here are fair walks and a good open air; "for the physician doth say that there is nothing better for my disease than walking." I hoped to have seen you here when my Lord came over, but as I trust we shall have a mistress shortly, when she comes over I shall hope to see you. Westminster, Sunday after Michaelmas Day.

My cousin Dene desires her commendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment