Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Princess Helena of the United Kingdom and Schleswig-Holstein's letter to Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams, Governor of the Orange River Colony and Cyprus, dated July 9, 1911

Source:

royaltyhistory on eBay



Above: Princess Helena of the United Kingdom and Schleswig-Holstein, photographed by James Russell & Sons.


Above: Sir Hamilton Goold-Adams, Governor of the Orange River Colony and Cyprus, photographer unknown.



(images courtesy of royaltyhistory)

The letter:

HELENA
July 9. 11
SCHOMBERG HOUSE.
PALL MALL S. W.
Dear Sir Hamilton,
You have always been so kind to me that I trust you will let me send you a line of very warmest congratulations on yr. marriage? I only saw it in the papers after your wedding was over or I wld. have written long ere this.

Even if my congratulations come rather late, they are none the less warm & sincere. From my heart I wish you all happiness
Believe me
Most sincerely yrs'
Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment